C++ Development in Unreal Engine (UE)
Chalmers Tekniska Högskola Aktiebolag
Request for tender: C++ Development in Unreal Engine (UE)
Description of goods/services
Chalmers is developing an open multimodal data, simulation and visualisation platform for interactive planning, design, exploration, experimentation and optimisation of cities. The Digital Twin Cities (DTC) Platform is part of the competence center Digital Twin Cities and will be created as a distributed, heterogeneous and interoperable ecosystem of data management, simulation and visualisation software components. Visualisation will be supported on both VR and AR devices based on Unreal Engine, with both data repositories and simulation engines residing on cloud services.
The services include:
- Further development for interfacing to the existing C++/Python code of the Centre (https://gitlab.com/dtcc3d/core)
- Further development for visualization of large-scale data (including volumetric, particles, procedural meshes)
- Support the development of existing DTCC research projects and datasets via UE Datasmith and RESTful APIs.
- Further development of external data parsing.
- Further assistance in development of existing User Interface (UI) and overall UX
- Further development of runtime mesh manipulation interfaces.
- Development in UE Marketplace Plugin creation and maintenance.
- Support in shipping performance, technical optimization & analytics.
- Thorough documentation of code and methods used.
Requirements specifications of goods/services
The purchase must include the following products/commitments/services:
All services must be finalized no later than 2022-12-31.
- Extensive Unreal Engine development both in C++ and Blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of the Niagara particle system.
- Extensive knowledge in Material creation inside Unreal Engine.
- Extensive knowledge of the Sequencer tool.
- Extensive knowledge of performance optimizations for product shipping.
- Extensive knowledge in plugin creation.
Fluent in English and being able to be part of a multidisciplinary international team.
Price shall be submitted in SEK excluding VAT and include all related costs requested in this request for tender.
The supplier must accept all agreement terms.
The tender must be received no later than 22-02-25.
The tender shall be valid until 22-03-15.
Evaluation of tenders
Lowest price will be chosen.
Confidentiality and the freedom of information principle
After the procurement has been terminated the principle of public access to official records applies. This means that all documents related to the procurement process become public and may be disclosed to anyone who requests access to them. Exceptions may only be made if there is any specific reason to believe that the Tenderer may suffer damage if the information is disclosed.
If you have information that you feel is of such nature, your tender shall include precise details of which information should remain confidential, and how you would suffer damage in case of the public disclosure of this information. Chalmers will evaluate your request and determine whether confidentiality in accordance with Swedish law may be deemed to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding this procurement:
Q. What is the estimated total amount of hours?
A. The development of the platform is very dynamic, and needs might change, but a total number of development hours between ca. 300 - 400 can be assumed.
Q. Does the procurement apply to an individual developer who covers all needs, or can the work be done with a team with complementary areas of expertise?
A. We prefer a single developer who combines the skills needed, because it reduces the coordination overhead. If the supplier can assure that the overhead does not affect the resources on Chalmers side, we are happy to collaborate with development teams.
Q. Are there requirements for physical presence and, if so, how often and for how long are you expected to be on site?
A. All work can be done remotely with frequent communication via Slack. Infrequent physical meetings (e.g. for sprints) are appreciated, but not a requirement.
Q. What type of reference material, work and portfolio examples do you require?
A. Proof of related work in Unreal Engine and any material that shows the suppliers qualification to fulfill the tasks listed in this request.
Q. Will you only evaluate on price, or will you take quality etc. into consideration?
A. Price only, but you need to meet the criteria specified in this request.
Västra Götalands län